Based on the same principle as the well-known "GPSMeter PDA" we present a small version for Nokia cell phones running Symbian S60 (Symbian^3, S60 5th, S60 3rd FP2, S60 3rd and S60 2nd).
This program allows you to measure areas of any size, with a precision marked by your own GPS. The larger the area, the better the measure. The perfect tool for field and farm work.
The main features are:
- Coordinates Lat/Lon, UTM
- Precise Calculation of the area using projection UTM
- Precise reading of the position of the GPS using averages
- Units of measurement: Metric system or Imperial
- Export data in ESRI Shapefile
- Export data in DXF
- Export data Google Earth KML
- Scales and Zoom
- Languages: English, Deutsch, French, Russian, Spanish
This program is compatible to file level with "GPSMeter PDA", so that you can also use "gpmReport" to see and print your mesures in your PC.
You can also upload the *.gpm file directly to the GPS Visualizer online utility.
This program is available in all versions of Symbian. In particular, some users have tested the program with:
Symbian^3: Nokia N8
5th Edition: Nokia N97, Nokia 5800, Nokia 5230, Sony Ericsson Satio U1, Nokia X6
3rd Edition FP2: Nokia N78, Nokia N95 8GB, Nokia 6110 Navigator, Nokia N86, Nokia 5230, Nokia E75
3rd Edition: Nokia E51, Nokia E71, Nokia N81
2nd Edition: Nokia 6600
Feel free to submit your mobile model after use the program.
In the tests with those phones the built-in GPS works, but the precision of a external Bluetooh GPS was allways some orders of magnitude better.
These versions are free but with limited features.
This version removes the limit of points per surface. You can buy the full version in this link:
Current version: 2.1.0
- Fixed bug in menus for S60 5th edition (applies only to Deutsch, French and Russian)
- Added multilanguage support: English, Deutsch, French, Spanish and Russian
- Added satellites info
- Fixed a bug for using external GPS directly
Note: The dates are in the format DD/MM/YY